The basis for the dress code is the scriptural guideline of modesty and respect for authority. Student appearance should enhance a Chrisitian's testimony of life adhering to Biblical principles, rather than worldly standards. We ask for the cooperation of both parent and student in this matter of school dress. The following guidelines will be enforced during school hours. After school activities still require adherence to the principles of modesty, neatness, cleanliness, and respect for authority.
- All clothing and accessories are to be modest, neat, clean, and in good repair.
- No hats or caps are to be worn in any building.
- Collared shirts must be worn. Only the top button may be unfastened. All boys will wear belts with shirttails tucked in pants. (Colors are Light Blue, Royal Blue, White, or Black) Turquoise is NOT light blue.
- Khaki or Black shirts, shorts, capri pants, and pants may be worn, Skirts and shorts must be knee length, No denim or knit.
- No opened toed shoes or high heels will be allowed. Shoes with open backs are permitted (Birkenstocks™, Crocs™).
- Hair must be neat, clean, moderate, and in good taste, No extreme hairstyles. (For Example: unnatural hair colors or shaved heads) For boys, hair should not extend below the collar, eyebrows or middle of the ear.
- The face must be clean shaven. Side-burns should not go below the earlobe.
- No visible body piercing or tattoos (permanent or temporary) are permissible for boys or girls. Girls may wear modest ear jewelry.
- Every Friday students will be allowed to wear GCS T-shirts.
- All outerwear is to be black, white, royal blue, or gray with no printing. "Pocket Logos" such as the Nike Swish™, will be acceptable. Two tone colors are acceptable as long as colors are those listed above. Jackets and hoodies purchased from Eagles' Wings are acceptable. Grace letter jackets are also acceptable.
- Long sleeve undershirts, underarmor or turtle necks in black, white, or royal blue, can be worn underneath.
- Leggings or tights in black, white, navy blue, light blue, or brown can be worn. Girls in 4th grade and below may wear patterns.
- Non-authorized outerwear includes "long-johns" underneath short sleeve shirts, full length jackets such as trench coats, crew-neck sweaters and sweatshirts.
Our expectation is that all parents will ensure that their child comply with the intent and the details of our dress code. Students that are in violation of the dress standards will be notified by the administration. Students not in compliance may experience the following consequences:
- Verbal correction to the student.
- Note to the parent with specific violations.
- Call to parent to bring proper dress code items.
- As in all conduct issues, repeat offenses may require parent conferences, detention, spanking, or additional correction.
Electronic devices such as cell phones, CD/MP3 players, tape players, radios, handheld games, etc. are prohibited as a general rule. Cell phones on school grounds should be left in the car or at the front office. CD/MP3 players, tape players, radios, and handheld games should not be taken to off-campus events as a general rule. Cell phone use on school trips should be restricted to non-social calls.
Pocketknives to more serious items are prohibited on school grounds. Violations will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
Alcoholic Beverages, Tobacco, Illegal Drugs
All such items are prohibited on school grounds. Violations will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
More information can be found in the GCS Student Handbook.